It’s the first of the month again, and what’s the first thing on your mind? Blog posts. Planning them for the month seems so tedious. And you’ve already talked about everything, so what is there to talk about this month? It’s like you’ve just opened your pantry only to find you have the same food you’ve had for the last three months… so now what? Time for grocery shopping, or rather, blog topic shopping.
How do you brainstorm new ideas? We have a few tips to help you out:
- Survey the Spectators: Who is your audience? What do they want to know, what do they already know? Knowing who will be reading your blog is a great starting point. That way, you know what they’re looking for and what sort of content they might find interesting.
- Love Your Lists: Anytime a client emails you with a question, take note. This question can be valuable in the future. If one person has the question, how many others have the same one? Though the answer might seem obvious to you, it isn’t to everyone, so note the queries and discuss the answers.
- Real Relevance: What are people talking about in this field? What’s new, what’s changing, what’s innovative? Keep track of these topics to consider what might be interesting for your readers in the coming months.
- Simple Services: Your business provides certain services, right? So take those services and talk about the problems that only you can fix. Having trouble with your marketing strategy? Not sure how to plan your blog posts for the future? Contact Red Mallard for information on improving your content marketing. (See what we did there?)
- Behind the Scenes: Believe it or not, people like knowing what happens when the curtain goes down. What is going on when no one’s looking? Talk about different strategies you may implement in your business that set you apart from the others. The more you share, the more people will trust you and be more likely to use your business in the future.
Sound overwhelming? Not sure where to start? That’s fine. At Red Mallard, we do this for our clients every month—or even further, if they prefer! So we’re the experts at content planning. Leave your stress behind and have us do all the work for you. Contact Red Mallard today for a consultation.